Thank you to our sponsors for supporting Archer Football
Please support those who support Archer Football!
We Are Archer!
Important message from Archer Touchdown Club & Coach Dyer
Go to Phase 2 Tab for updated information
Email sent July 5, 2020
Team 12 Parents and Players,
I hope everyone had a great July 4th week and you were able to spend time with friends and family. We are moving into Phase 2 starting Tuesday, July 7th.
The coaching staff will be in planning meetings on Monday, July 6th and players will not work out that day. Please see below for updates and for information to be on the lookout for in the near future.
§ We will have a Phase 2 drop down on the football website for all other updated information and PODS during this Phase. Phase 2 Pods will be posted by lunchtime on Monday, July 6th.
§ The Nike Store will go live very soon for spirit wear for players and parents. I am working with Nike and Hobbs Sporting Goods to make sure this process is easy for you. All products will be ordered by the individual and shipped to their house. We will put the Nike Store information on the website once we have it.
§ We will be selling Tiger Cards for our Team 12 2020 fundraiser in mid to late July. Players will have the ability to sell these electronically so we can minimize personal contact. I will send out detailed information the second week of July. We are miles behind financially, so we must do an awesome job with this fundraiser to help us catch up.
§ Physicals- All players must have their new physicals completed by July 17th. This is not optional.
We will continue to communicate through email, Remind 101 and the website. July is going to be a busy time so please stay current with the information and understand that due to the circumstances we may have to change our processes on any given day.
Email Sent to Players & Parents 6-25-2020
Team 12 Parents and Players,
I can’t thank everyone enough for doing such an awesome job over the last 3 weeks. Parents, I am sure many of you have had to make adjustments to your busy schedules to get your athletes here at odd times and the coaches appreciate that very much. We will start dead week on June 26th and we will return on Monday, July 6th. I am waiting on instructions from the state and county on what our guidelines will be in July. Hopefully I will be able to send out an updated schedule by the end of the day on Friday.
Please see the following reminders for the month of July.
1. Please stay current with payments on Touchdown Club Dues
2. Please make sure you have scheduled an appointment for an update physical. All new physicals need to be completed and updated in Dragonfly by July 17th.
3. We will continue to communicate through Remind 101, the website and email for updates and information.
4. The players need to make sure they are running and continuing to build on the conditioning we have gained over the past 3 weeks. This is imperative.
I hope everyone has a great July 4th week and I will update you as soon as I am able! Please understand that once we return on July 6th the urgency and intensity to get ready to play is going to pick up in all areas. We will have a lot to accomplish both on and off the field!!! REST UP AND LETS GET READY TO PLAY BALL!!!
Emailed to players & parents on 6-19-2020
Team 12 Players and Parents,
The GHSA and GCPS have allowed us to increase our numbers for workouts next week. We will be allowed to use a ball and some of our practice equipment but we are not allowed to scrimmage in any way. All other guidelines will still remain in place. We were able to move our Pods from 10 to 4 and ALL groups will workout out on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week. We are able to combine PODS to create groups of 50, but we cannot move players from one POD to another. We will observe the GHSA dead week June 26th-July 4th. We will resume workouts on June 6th.
Players will need the following this week:
I would encourage you to go ahead and schedule a new physical so you do not have to worry about that in July. The deadline for new physicals is July 17th.
We will post the new Pods under the Phase 1 Tab as soon as we have them organized and ready to go.
Have a great weekend and Happy Father’s Day!
Well it appears we are finally on the right track for some football this season!! Great news!
Here are a few important facts as we get started cranking things back up:
* DUES: In light of the pandemic and the effect it has had on us all, we are reducing football dues this year from $1000.00 to $600.00. We have set up target dates of for the first payment of $300.00 due on July 1 and the balance due on August 1. Bear in mind that we have many ways to raise the funds without having to come directly out of your pocket and they will be outlined in this email.
* OurFund: We are partnering with OurFund again this year in an effort to help families cover all or a portion of dues. You will receive an email next Monday June 15th from OurFund that will include specific directions on how to get started. Please keep in mind that this is one of the easiest ways to raise money for dues. In a nut shell, all you have to do is input the email address for family, friends, business associates, etc. that might be willing to support your athlete and our program and the program takes care of the rest.
* Big Board/ Fence signs/ and internet adds (due to the pandemic we will not have the online program this year): The forms for all of these types of sponsorships are now available on the Archer Football website and ready for you to start going out and soliciting sponsorships. It is key to remember that you will get 100% credit toward your athlete’s dues for any and all sponsorship monies raised.
* Game day sponsor: We will still have a game day sponsorship available for each home game and the form for this is also on the website along with the others.
* Tiger Card sales: Last year’s sales of Tiger Cards was a huge success and was key to us being able to meet our budget. This year the sale of Tiger Cards will be 100% done on line. We are not going to ask any of our families to go out selling cards door to door or in public settings. We will start this campaign in late July and there will be more info to come as we get closer to the startup date. Just as last year, this is not optional and is above and beyond the dues and sponsorship. With us not being able to host a golf tournament or the Tiger bash that we were planning, we must again be successful with the sale of these cards.
The touchdown club membership package this year will again include a TDC hat, 10 tickets for use at any home game, and a parking pass for Fridays nights. IT WILL NOT INCLUDE TICKETS FOR THE CORKY KELL. With the reduction in the dues amount, we cannot financially make it work to include these tickets. As always there will be many opportunities to buy tickets in advance of the game. The ticked price this year will be $13.00 and due to the social distancing, we will only be allotted 1000 tickets so it is suggested that once they go on sale, you get them quick.
Unfortunately for us, the cost of running a high school football program has not dropped, however our opportunities to raise money has dropped significantly. As a result, we have got to be very diligent in meeting our financial goals as a program to ensure that our athletes and coaches have everything opportunity to have another successful season.
Please remember to check the website and Phase 1 tab frequently as it will be continuously update with the most recent up to date information we have available. Also, please go to the Player Dues & Forms tab or click the link below to get information on: Player Checklist, Player Dues Information Packet and fundraising forms. You will also find the Pay Pal buttons for Player Due payments:
If you have questions in regards to any of the booster club info listed here, please reach out to one of the board members and we will do everything we can to get you a answer as quickly as possible.
If you still have questions about policies and procedures during the Phase 1 implementation of re starting the season, please refer back to the tab on the website. If you still can’t find the answer, reach out to Coach Dyer.
Archer Touchdown Club
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM COACH DYER REGARDING -Phase 1
Archer Football Parents & Players,
Attached are two important links. It is VERY IMPORTANT that both parents and players read the GCPS Guidelines for Return to Athletic Conditioning.
Please click the link below:
GCPS Guidelines for Return to Athletic Conditioning: https://www.archerhighathletics.com/phase1
Tomorrow, June 2, Coach Dyer will be hosting a Google meeting. It it is VERY IMPORTANT that both parents and players attend this Google meeting. Each grade level has been assigned a specific time to log on. Please log on at the appropriate time to hear information pertaining to YOUR grade level.
Tuesday, JUNE 2, 2020
Seniors & Juniors - 7:00
Sophomores & Freshmen - 8:30
Below is the meeting link:
Google Meeting link with Coach Dyer: https://meet.google.com/brm-nkyu-gfo
Things are changing daily.
Team 12 parents & players,
Spring sports are in full swing at Archer. Please understand that we have track, lacrosse, soccer and baseball athletes that are all over the athletic facilities this time of year. There will be events almost nightly in the stadium. For the safety of everyone involved please do not pick up or drop off students at the field house before or after school. Please use the parking lot above the stadium or the big parking off of Callie Still to drop off and pick up football players. This includes pick up for power hour on Tues and Thurs as well as middle school weight training.
Parents & Players both need to sign up the Remind in order to say up to date with Coach Dyer. Please sign up with appropriate grade level.
Are you an Archer Alumni or know anyone who is?
If so, please fill out the link below to keep informed about the 10 Archer Homecoming Celebration!!